Above the Rim Key Features:
What Above the Rim does not do for you:
- Each league's data files can be stored in separate directories, and automatically save report files to the appropriate directory.
- League files may be backed up and restored from within ATR. The files are stored in .ZIP format.
- Customizeable input data record layout. Any column-based or comma-delimited ASCII file can be used. Just define it's layout to the software.
- Up to 30 fantasy teams and owners. Owners may own more than one team. You may enter postal, phone, e-mail and home page addresses for each owner.
- "Rotisserie" style of play, with three different methods of scoring.
- Roster, position and lineup size quotas.
- Transaction fees and budgeting restrictions.
- Manual or interactive drafting.
- League-defined statistics. Make up your own statistics using the list of base statistics ATR provides as a starting point. Below is a list of the "standard" statistics tracked by Above the Rim:
- 3-pointers Attempte
- 3-pointers Made
- Blocked Shots
- Defensive Rebounds
- Field Goals Attempted
- Field Goals Made
- Free Throws Attempted
- Free Throws Made
- Games Played
- Minutes Played
- Offensive Rebounds
- Personal Fouls
- Points Scored
- Total Rebounds
- Statistics can be sorted in either ascending or descending order, and scaled to make some statistics more 'valuable' than others.
- Reports may be printed, faxed, or saved to disk in either ASCII or HTML format.
- Registered users get priority technical support for any aspect of setting up and running your leagues.
Above the Rim Related Software:
- Run on the Internet or allow you to run 'online' leagues. The software is meant to run by the league commissioner on his/her PC.
- Run head-to-head leagues. Although this capability is planned for a future release, ATR can only run rotisserie ("ranked and ordered") style leagues.
- Simulate past seasons. ATR is meant to be a "live" game where you can actually watch your players as you run your teams. This keeps you much more interested in the entire NBA, not just your favorite team(s).