Click to Screenshot
Buy Now $349.00
Download for Free
Global Mapper 11 Free Download
Global Mapper is more than just a utility; it has built in functionality for distance and area calculations, raster
blending, feathering, spectral analysis and contrast adjustment, elevation querying, line of sight calculations,
cut-and-fill volume calculations, as well as advanced capabilities like image rectification, contour generation from
surface data, view shed analysis (including Fresnel) from surface data, and triangulation and gridding of 3D point
data. Repetitive tasks can be accomplished using the built in scripting language or comprehensive batch conversion
Global Mapper 11 of Features:
- Global Mapper supports viewing of dozens of the most common data formats: GeoPDF, DLG (DLG-O & SDTS), DRG, DOQ,
DEM, DGN, DTED, DWG, DXF, GPX, SDTS DEM ,ECW ,MrSID (Imagery & Lidar) ,ESRI Shapefiles ,E00, Vertical Mapper GRD,
JPEG2000, CADRG/CIB, GeoTIFF ,KML/KMZ, Lidar LAS ,Arc Grid ,Tiger/Line ,SEGP1/UKOOA P-190 And many, many more!
- Provides direct access to Digital Globe, GlobeXplorer, and AirPhotoUSA high resolution color satellite imagery
for the entire world from within the application!
- Provides direct access to the complete TerraServer-USA satellite imagery and topographic map archive for the
entire US free-of-charge within the application!
- Provides easy, direct access to WMS data sources, including built-in access to the complete 30-m NED database,
the 3-arc second world SRTM database, and color global imagery free-of-charge within the application!
- Supports true 3D viewing of loaded elevation data including draping of any loaded imagery and vector data over
the 3D surface.
- Crop, reproject, and merge any combination of raster data and elevation data, including DRGs. You can also crop
data to an area feature.
- GeoPDF® SUPPORT! You can import GeoPDF® files and export any collection of loaded data to new Geo-enabled PDF
files, making your data accessible to any user without requiring them to have any mapping knowledge.
- DIGITIZING SUPPORT! You can digitize new vector (area, line, and point) features by drawing them with the mouse.
You can also edit existing vector features. Newly created and editing features can be saved to any of the supported
export formats. In addition, shapes like rectangles, circles, ellipses, arcs, and concentric range rings. can be
easily drawn as well.
- GPS SUPPORT! You can track a compatible GPS device connected to your computer's serial port or USB port in
real-time over any loaded data. In addition, you can mark waypoints at the current GPS location and record a
tracklog of where your GPS device has been while connected, all seamless with your loaded map data!
- PROJECTION/DATUM SUPPORT - Global Mapper supports accurate conversions between a large list of projection
systems and datums. NAD27 datum conversions in the US use the NADCON conversion method, and the NTv2 datum conversion
method is used for the NAD27 (Canada), AGD66, AGD84, and NZGD49 datums. Custom datum conversions can be easily
added in either 3-parameter or 7-parameter form if a required datum transformation is not already supported.
- EXPORT SUPPORT! You can export both vector, raster, and elevation data to a variety of formats (see below).
You can merge any combination of data sets, regardless of source scale, type, and projection. You can also breakup
your data into a regularly spaced grid on export if you'd like as well.
- IMAGE RECTIFICATION! You can graphically rectify (georeference) any JPG, TIFF, or PNG image and save the results
to a new fully georeferenced image. Vector data can also have a rectification process applied to it after loading to
allow morphing vector data to fit other data sets.
- CONTOUR GENERATION! You can create contours for any combination of elevation data. You can also specify the
contour interval to use. The generated contour data can then be exported to any of the supported vector export
formats (see previous item for a list).
- Automatic triangulation and gridding of 3D point data sets, such as ASCII XYZ files. This allows you to convert
a set of elevation samples into a fully gridded data set, which can then be used for contour generation,
line of sight analysis, and view shed analysis, among other things. The data can also be exported to any of the
supported elevation grid formats, such as USGS DEM.
- Multi-Spectral Support! With Gloabl Mapper you can easily load and display imagery with more than 3 bands of
data and configure which bands are used for the red, green, and blue color channels. You can also export your
multi-band imagery to new multi-band GeoTIFF files and configure exactly what is the input for each exported band.
- Support for combining/comparing terrain surfaces, such as DEMs. This allows you to generate a new terrain
surface by combining/comparing two loaded terrain surfaces with operations like subtraction (difference), averaging,
and min/max. The results can then be exported to any of the supported elevation grid formats, such as USGS DEM.
- NASA World Wind Support! Any loaded data can be exported to JPG or PNG image tiles setup for immediate display
in NASA's World Wind application. The necessary .xml file is also automatically generated.
- Google Maps Support! Any loaded data can be exported to JPG or PNG image tiles setup for immediate display using
Google Maps in a web browser. The necessary HTML file is also automatically generated.
- Virtual Earth Support! Any loaded data can be exported to JPG or PNG image tiles setup for immediate display
using Microsoft's Virtual Earth interface in a web browser. The necessary HTML file is also automatically generated.
- Advanced screen capture. You can capture the contents of the screen to a BMP, JPG, PNG, or (Geo)TIFF file of
- Batch conversion of almost any input data data files to any compatible export type.
- Automatic collar removal for DRG, DOQQ, BSB, GeoPDF®, and other formats. You can now have the collar of USGS DRG,
DOQQ, BSB (marine chart), and GeoPDF® files automatically clipped off. This allows you to seamlessly view
a collection of adjacent files. Manual collar cropping is also supported.
- Supports opening SDTS DLG, SDTS DEM, and most other file types directly from .tar.gz and .zip archives.
This saves the major headache of decompressing each SDTS transfer into a separate directory.
- Comprehensive view shed analysis using loaded elevation grid data from a user-specified location, transmitter
height, and radius.
- 3D Path Profiling and Line of Sight (LOS) capabilities, including receiver/transmitter heights, minimum
clearance (including Fresnel zone analysis), and earth curvature options.
- Advanced measurement capabilities, including multi-segment path lengths and headings, enclosed area, and
cut-and-fill volume calculations either along a path or within an enclosed area.
- Supports the easy creation of geological features, like strike-and-dip points, with attributes like azimuth and
dip displayed in a visual manner.
- Advanced drawing capabilities, including custom area fill styles and point symbols, dozens of supported
line styles, and line and font sizes scaled to an actual size on the ground or a fixed number of display pixels.
- Ability to link vector feature attributes to web sites or files.
- Support the latest DEM and SDTS DEM formats, including decimeter DEMs.
- Supports opening DLG-O and DEM files directly from gzipped archives. This means that you can save space and
hassle by not having to decompress the data after you download it.
- Slide over text. When you move your cursor around the screen you'll get a description of the nearest feature
automatically displayed in the status bar.
- Supports keyboard navigation. You can pan about with the arrow keys and zoom in/out with the page
up/page down keys.
- Search and edit load vector data by name, attribute value, or description.
- Load and display JPG images with embedded EXIF positioning data at the location that the image was taken with
your EXIF-compatible camera.
- And much more!