VisNetic MailScan for SMTP works as an SMTP gateway, filtering
viruses and spam before it reaches your mail server. This antivirus protection
and email content filtering solution can be installed in front of one
or more SMTP mail servers and is compatible with any other antivirus protection
solution utilized on your network.
VisNetic MailScan for SMTP
||Free to Try
||64MB RAM 50MB HD Space
||Screen 1 Screen
|| Windows 7, 2000, XP, Vista
VisNetic MailScan for SMTP Key Features :
- Centralized updates and incremental antivirus updates on a daily basis.
- Real time email content scanning.
- A multi-threaded IPS (Inter-Process Communication) based scanner that allows integration with multiple antivirus protection products.
- Compatibility with all mail clients.
- Flexible handling of infected and/or unwanted email; automatically delete, quarantine or forward blocked emails.
- The ability to automatically block or allow email from specified IP address, domains or email addresses.
- The ability to validate sender domains, performing a DNS lookup to ensure there is an "MX" record or an "A" record.
- SMTP mail server authentication, ensuring that inbound email is from an actual user on the sender's mail server.
- The ability to check a sender's address against Real-time Blackhole lists (RBL).
- Automatic email compression, optimizing bandwidth utilization.
- Centralized reporting and consolidated logging.
- Easy backup of configuration
VisNetic MailScan for SMTP Related software:
- Virus Scanning:VisNetic MailScan scans all incoming and outgoing emails for viruses.
- AntiVirus Updates:VisNetic MailScan users have the option to receive live updates from the Internet, via FTP. Additionally, broken downloads may be easily resumed whenever necessary
- Content Scanning:All incoming and outgoing messages are scanned for abusive words and/or phrases, which are pre-defined by the Security Policy Administrator of MailScan. If such words occur, customizable warning messages can optionally be sent to the Administrator, the sender and the recipient.
- Pre-defined Security Policies:VisNetic MailScan provides a very easy and convenient way of administrating Rule-Sets and Security Policies.
- Policy based Rule-Sets:MailScan works on policy-based Rule-Sets. Rule-Sets have been categorized as Universal and Company-specific. A Universal Rule-Set is defined within MailScan and is applicable to all customers. Company-specific Rule-Sets are configured by the Network Administrator and are specific to a company.
- Powerful Virus Scanning:VisNetic MailScan scans HTML emails and attachments for scripts, also termed IE vulnerabilities. Scripts that contain IFRAME and OBJECT are identified and automatically quarantined by MailScan.
- Powerful Content Filtering:VisNetic MailScan's spam email blocker capabilities include the ability to create filters for specific words or phrases, DNS lookup to verify sender's "MX" or "A" record and SMTP server authentication to validate sender's account on sending mail server.
- Flexible Scanning:VisNetic MailScan features the option to not scan the content of emails received from or sent to certain domains. This allows administrators to identify an approved or verified safe domain and reduce the amount of scanning required by MailScan.
- Attachment Reservation:Administrators can restrict certain attachments from being sent or received from the Internet. For example, a rule can be defined so that any e-mail received by a user having *.EXE or *.COM file attachments, should be auto-forwarded to the administrator. Unknown viruses can be very effectively tackled using such rule-sets.
- 'Zipped files' Uncompress Facility:All incoming compressed attachments can be uncompressed, scanned for viruses and passed to the mail server for distribution to the end users.
- S/MIME Check of Messages:VisNetic MailScan has the capability to check if an e-mail is digitally signed (S/MIME) and warn the user if the content gets changed.
- Malicious Attachments Deletion: VisNetic MailScan provides an option to forcibly delete known malicious attachments (Trojans and worms) at the gateway level itself
- Flexible Notification:Administrators now have the option to eliminate warning emails to local recipients. This will reduce the volume of email your staff receives notifying them of content violations or virus activity.
- Urgent Update Overwrite: With "Urgent Updates," MailScan users are protected from fast spreading viruses.
- Passive Mode FTP Transfers:MailScan supports passive mode, FTP-transfers. MailScan can now receive automatic antivirus updates, safely behind a network's firewall
- Runs as a Service:MailScan runs in the background, and is virtually invisible
- Virus Warnings:Administrators of VisNetic MailScan can customize virus-warning messages sent to the email sender when an infection is found;virus warnings can be optionally sent to mail recipients, as well.
- Log Files:All scanning results by MailScan are logged, and administrators have the option to specify maximum size of the log file. The log file allows an administrator to see by whom, when and where viruses are being detected.
- Background Scanning:With the latest release of MailScan, an administrator can use a supplemental scanner to provide .exe, .doc and .com file scanning.
- EICAR Test:The European Institute for Computer Anti-Virus Research (EICAR) has developed a test virus. MailScan has added a "Send EICAR Option" that, when tested, shows how MailScan reacts when a virus is detected. This feature can also be used to ensure MailScan is working properly.
- Virus Information:MailScan provides informative Internet links for live updates on virus information, via the Administrator Help File.